Friday 1 June 2012

SUBJECT PRONOUNS


We use subject pronouns to avoid repetition of names.
 Replace the words / groups of words in bold with the pronouns  he / she / they:
Mrs. Jones lives in Cardiff.  Mrs. Jones is married.  Mrs. Jones has two sons.  Mrs. Jones also has a sister but her sister doesn’t live in Cardiff.  Her sister lives in Swansea and Mrs. Jones’ sister goes to Cardiff once a week. Mrs. Jones and her sister like  shopping in Cardiff.  Mrs. Jones and her sister go to Howell’s store and Mrs Jones and her sister have tea in town.  Mr. Jones stays at home because Mr. Jones doesn’t like shopping.  Mrs Jones’s sons don’t live in Cardiff because Mrs Jones’ s sons are at university in London.
Highlight the space below for answers:

she she she she she she they they he they
Now replace the words in bold with the pronouns she / we / he / they
My sister lives in Swansea.  My sister comes to Cardiff once a week.  When my sister comes to Cardiff my sister and I go to Howell’s store and my sister and I  have tea in town.  My husband stays at home because my husband doesn’t like shopping.  My sons don’t live in Cardiff because my sons are at university in London.
Highlight the space below for answers:
she she we we he they

No comments:

Post a Comment